Apple has finally announced the iPad Air tablet. It was announced at the iPad Press event. This fifth generation tablet is now trending in the tech world. If you have not checked out the specs of iPad Air so far, then go ahead and do so now. Rather than checking out the specs, I would recommend you to read out this article, as it lists down all pros and cons of this new iPad tablet. By knowing about them, you’ll be able to make a decision about whether iPad Air is meant for you or not.
iPad Air Pros
- The best pro of iPad Air is its design. New iPad is thinner and lighter. As per Apple. it’s 20 percent thinner than its predecessor. 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm are dimensions of the device. WiFi model and 3G/LTE model weigh 469 g and 478 g respectively.
- Display has always been one of the best features of Apple devices. In Apple iPad Air, you get 9.7-inches LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen with 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution and 264 ppi.
- The Apple iPad Air features 64-bit Apple 7 chipset and Dual-core 1.3GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based) processor. M7 motion coprocessor is also there in the tablet. Speed-wise, the iPad AIr is the best iPad so far. Apple claims 72 times better graphics performance and 8 times faster speed of iPad Air than its predecessor.
- Familiar with the latest Apple OS, that was launched on 18th September? That is the OS that you get in iPad Air, iOS 7. It makes the software part quite impressive.
There are some features that are either missing, or are not up to the mark as they were hoped to be. All those go into the Cons section written ahead.
iPad Air Cons
- iPad Air will be available in 16GB – 128GB memory variants. The in-built storage variants are good, but what about the microSD card slot? Not having one forces people with big memory requirement to opt for higher memory variants, which pulls more money from the pocket.
- Primary Camera in iPad Air is of 5MP with resolution 2592 x 1944 pixels. The Secondary Camera is of 1.2MP. Primary Camera is still good, but the Secondary camera should have been made better by Apple. People are addicted to video chatting. I wonder if this camera would be able to satisfy the user’s demands.
- In iPad Air you get 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. I am quite shocked on not seeing the 802.11ac in this new tablet. The 802.11ac is way too faster than 802.11a/b/g/n. So if very high speed is your demand, then iPad Air is not meant for you.
- Apple has got the fingerprint technology, which was introduced in iPhone 5S launched last month. Unfortunately, this is missing in iPad Air. It would have been better if Apple had included this new trending technology in the new tablet.
Just like any other device, the just-announced iPad Air has mix-up of pros and cons. If the aforementioned cons don’t bother you much, then go for this new Apple tablet. Otherwise, just roam in the tech market to find a better device.
- pros and cons of ipad air
- ipad air problems
- ipad air cons
- ipad air 2 pros and cons
- ipad air 2 cons
- pros and cons of the ipad air
- ipad air pros
- ipad air 2 disadvantages
- apple ipad air 2 pros and cons
- pros of ipad air